I filed a remove of restriction on my Resident card. I750

San Diego, CA |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

Filed based on marriage. Still married though. On 11/13/12. In San Diego. Did my biometrics on 12/17/12. Didn't hear anything yet from the uscis. My application still in the initial review phase. How long it takes them average time to move forward with the application. And is it a good sign or not. And do I need a lawyer at that specific point. ?!?!

It's not unusual that you haven't heard back from USCIS yet. These applications can take 6-12 months to process. Whether you need a lawyer depends on whether you're comfortable continuing by yourself. If you are still married to your spouse and you have plenty of documents to prove your relationship, you might be able to proceed without a lawyer. If you're worried about being able to prove your relationship, or if anything has happened since you got your conditional green card that could affect your residence, you should consider consulting with an immigration lawyer.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.

Recommended articles about Immigration