I filed a prevailing wage complaint. and was fired. Can I sue my employer in federal court for discrimination and get pu

Madison, WI |
Filed under: Employee wages

I filed a prevailing wage complaint and was immediately fired. Can I sue my former employer in federal court for discrimination and receive damages? The state ruled in my favor on the prevailing wage claim. I have filed a retaliation claim with the State of Wisconsin Division of Workforce Development Equal Rights Division.

It sounds like you're right on track. You could/should probably get counsel as the employer may have to pay your legal bill.

Every legal matter is fact specific, and there are often nuances in every case. This is intended for comment only, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Yes, you can. The employer may be liable for your attorney's fees and legal costs.

Yes you can, and possibly should.