I filed a prevailing wage complaint. and was fired. Can I sue my employer in federal court for discrimination and get pu

Asked 6 months ago - Madison, WI

I filed a prevailing wage complaint and was immediately fired. Can I sue my former employer in federal court for discrimination and receive damages? The state ruled in my favor on the prevailing wage claim. I have filed a retaliation claim with the State of Wisconsin Division of Workforce Development Equal Rights Division.

1. Maxwell Charles Livingston

Pro

1

Answered . Yes you can, and possibly should.

2. Aaron Scott Hill

2

Answered . It sounds like you're right on track. You could/should probably get counsel as the employer may have to pay your legal bill.

3. Tatiana Kadetskaya

1

Answered . Yes, you can. The employer may be liable for your attorney's fees and legal costs.