I filed a prejudgment claim of right to possession in an unlawful detainer action. The named defendants filed answers to the

complaint. After defendants answered, Plaintiff filed a first amended UD complaint without seeking leave of court. Plaintiff mailed 1 first amended summons and first amended complaint and first amended prejudgment claim of right to possession to only 1 named defendant. The next day the process server left several first amended summons and complaints on the porch. How should the named defendants proceed. And must I file the first amended prejudgment claim form again.
Thank you

1. The named defendant who appears on the first amended complaint should either file a motion to quash service of summons on first amended complaint OR simply file an answer to first amended complaint.

You do not necessarily have to file a first amended prejudgment claim of possession form, although I suggest you do.

Frank W. Chen is licensed to practice law in the State of California. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, consult your own attorney.