Skip to main content

I filed a petition to modify child support /laid off from job and one child turned 18 and lives on his own

Fountain Hills, AZ |

got court date then she filed a child enforcement so the judge vacated it now i get a letter from her acting attorney stating notice of limited appearance for her I did everything by law what do i do now the new court date isn't till may 28 2013 and I have opportunity to take job in Alaska may 10 2013 what gives

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Best answer

    I assume that you are asking if you should move to Alaska to take a job, but you have a court date in May, 2013. That is a personal decision. If you move, what about your child(ren)?

    In any event, you could file a Motion to Expedite the May 28 hearing setting forth the new job/relocation as a reason. Is it a full blown hearing or just a 30 minute conference to limit the scope of the next hearing? If you could add more detail to your question, that would be helpful.

    Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. There are a lot of questions with your response. You should get an attorney. You might be able to have your attorney appear for you and you appear by telephone. Talk with an attorney about how to make this happen. Most law firms including mine give a brief free consultation.

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics