I filed a petition to modify child support /laid off from job and one child turned 18 and lives on his own

Asked over 1 year ago - Fountain Hills, AZ

got court date then she filed a child enforcement so the judge vacated it now i get a letter from her acting attorney stating notice of limited appearance for her I did everything by law what do i do now the new court date isn't till may 28 2013 and I have opportunity to take job in Alaska may 10 2013 what gives

1. R. Michael Skupin

1

Best Answer

Answered . I assume that you are asking if you should move to Alaska to take a job, but you have a court date in May, 2013. That is a personal decision. If you move, what about your child(ren)?

In any event, you could file a Motion to Expedite the May 28 hearing setting forth the new job/relocation as a reason. Is it a full blown hearing or just a 30 minute conference to limit the scope of the next hearing? If you could add more detail to your question, that would be helpful.

2. Steven W Zachary

2

1

Answered . There are a lot of questions with your response. You should get an attorney. You might be able to have your attorney appear for you and you appear by telephone. Talk with an attorney about how to make this happen. Most law firms including mine give a brief free consultation.