Skip to main content

I filed a partition motion and my brother is in default? Do I need to file anything else?

San Francisco, CA |
Filed under: Litigation

Do I need to put in paperwork on the defautl and he has a roommate that has never paid me rent. I asked for it but do not know his last name. How do I go about evicting him?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. You have to file papers to get judgment entered.

    You have to evict the roommate. Serve him as John Doe with a 3-day Notice to Pay Rent of Quit. If he doesn't pay serve him with an unlawful detainer.

    The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.

Litigation topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics