I filed a motion to quash for subpoenaed bank records but incorrectly filed it. How do i file an amendment for the motion?

San Diego, CA |

I filed the motion with the wrong format for objecting and I also needed to include all bank records instead of just bank statements.

Depends on the mistake. You probably need to refile it if unless it is a minor mistake. Unless you are not a party to case, there probably are not grounds for you to quash the subpoena anyways. Before you waste time and money you should call and consult an attorney.

This is not a comprehensive answer and it is impossible to provide a meaningful response without a consultation.

The mistake is that i didnt include deposit receipts in he motion to quash. This is a motion to quash personal and business bank statements because I am self employed and my ex claims i make more money than i do, how could you say there are probably no grounds?

Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

You could just add to your declaration the omission. Being self employed is not an issue. We subpoena self employed accounts all the time.

ok thanks.

You could meet with the Family Law Facilitator at your Courthouse for free assistance/consultation to be safe.