I FILED A I-601 AND I-212, WHICH I RECIEVED A LETTER YESTERDAY THAT THEY WERE DENIED.

Warrenton, VA |

IF I WANT TO RE-FILE INSTEAD OF APPEAL, DO I HAVE TO RE-FILE BOTH THE I-601 AND THE I-212?

is it better to re-file both I-601 & I-212 rahter than appeal? I do not understand whether I should file an appeal, a motion or re-file the waiver's together? What is the difference between an appeal and a motion and how do I know which one to file?

Yes, you'll need to refile both forms.

This general advice does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Of course. Only one approved would not obtain the desired result.

3. Yes, you need two waivers.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

4. Consult with an experienced attorney. It is almost always better to re-file, so as to do a more thorough job documenting the hardship than in the applications which were denied.

This general information does not establish any attorney-client relationship. There may well be factors not mentioned in the question which could and should be addressed in an attorney consultation.