I filed a DV restraining order and now Im being evicted.

Redding, CA |

My Boyfriend and I rented a home from his friend. We lived here for almost two years without any problems. My boyfriend became addicted to painkillers and alcohol, hit me, and made life miserable since March of this year. I went to the landlords who agreed to rent to my son and daughter-in-law as replacement tenants if Darin were to move out. That was late August. I applied and served the restraining order on Sept 6. Three days later the landlords served me with Notice to Enter. They saw no damage. On Sept 19 I was notified by phone to appear in court the following afternoon. Darin wanted to retrieve his property. Court order on 20th gave him access from 7 am to 7 pm. I was not to be in the home at the time. He cleaned me out. 10/02- I rec'v a 60 day notice to vacate? Legality?

The landlord state that they need to evict me and Darin as co-tenants, then I need to re apply and charged me a credit fee.

1. This is not a domestic violence question. Pose your question in PRACTICE AREA landlord tenant if you need to know about the notice to vacate. I believe that would prove more fruitful to your inquiry. Good Luck.

2. This is a landlord tenant, aka unlawful detainer issue. Good luck.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.