I filed a charge with the EEoc regarding disability discrimination involving my former employer. I need a lawyer to represent me

New York, NY |

I have received the rright-to-sue letter from the EEOC.

1. Avvo has many lawyers listed in your area for you to contact. Also call the EEOC at 1-800-669-4000 to obtain their listing of employment lawyers.

Of course do not delay as you only have 90 days to file a lawsuit, if that is your desire.

2. An employment law attorney should and can review your file so that you can make an informed decision on whether you really have a viable claim. You may contact me or any other employment law attorney listed on this website. Best wishes.

3. A right to sue notice from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ("EEOC") is an important document. It entitles its recipient to litigate claims that were asserted in the charge that was file with the EEOC. One can file the lawsuit in either state or federal court.

It is important to file the lawsuit within ninety (90) days of date that one receives the EEOC notice of right to sue. It is prudent to file the lawsuit well before the expiration of the 90-day deadline.

You should feel free to consult an employment attorney, such as myself.

--
    The foregoing response is intended for informational purposes, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.