I filed a charge with the EEoc regarding disability discrimination involving my former employer. I need a lawyer to represent me

Asked about 4 years ago - New York, NY

I have received the rright-to-sue letter from the EEOC.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Locksley O'Sullivan Wade

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . An employment law attorney should and can review your file so that you can make an informed decision on whether you really have a viable claim. You may contact me or any other employment law attorney listed on this website. Best wishes.

  2. Chinyere Yvette Okoronkwo

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . A right to sue notice from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ("EEOC") is an important document. It entitles its recipient to litigate claims that were asserted in the charge that was file with the EEOC. One can file the lawsuit in either state or federal court.

    It is important to file the lawsuit within ninety (90) days of date that one receives the EEOC notice of right to sue. It is prudent to file the lawsuit well before the expiration of the 90-day deadline.

    You should feel free to consult an employment attorney, such as myself.

    The foregoing response is intended for informational purposes, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  3. Jack Rosenberg

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . Avvo has many lawyers listed in your area for you to contact. Also call the EEOC at 1-800-669-4000 to obtain their listing of employment lawyers.

    Of course do not delay as you only have 90 days to file a lawsuit, if that is your desire.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,547 answers this week

2,744 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,547 answers this week

2,744 attorneys answering