I FILED A 302 PETITION TO HAVE MY WIFE INVOLUNTARY COMMITTED TO A MENTAL FACILITY. I ALSO HAVE A PROTECTION FROM ABUSE ORDER HER

West Chester, PA |

I recently filed a protection from abuse order against my wife . Then went to crisis intervention and provided them with bizarre behaviors of my wife which i filed a 302 petition to have her involuntary committed for 72 hrs until a hearing. I got called by the hospital which told me I'm required to attend this hearing. Since I have a protection from abuse order in place against her, by attending this hearing, would I be in violation of the protection order by going near her at this hospital hearing ?

1. If you have an order that prevents HER from coming near you, then you are OK to go to the hearing.

2. You will certainly not be in violation. In fact, a petitioner can never be found in violation of their own PFA Order.