Skip to main content

I filed 2 divorce complaints 3 yrs ago. No progress with courts. There have been court orders that have not been dealt with.

Accord, NY |
Filed under: Divorce

Filed cruel & inhuman complaint then 18 months later the no-fault complaint> Defendant is on atty #4. Changes atty when there is a big hearing coming up or a court ordered deposit. There have been no consequences. What do I do now. I can not afford any more legal fees. the defendant makes 85% of the income?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You should discuss this with your lawyer who has far more information about what is going on than you have posted here.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

  2. If defendant makes 85% of the income and is churning litigation through multiple attorneys, you should make an application for attorney's fees.

    ----- Reply message -----

  3. Have your attorney make an application for counsel fees, due to his protracting the proceedings and because he makes 85% more income then you. As for the court orders that have not been dealt with, I assume that you mean he is violating them. If that is accurate, then ask your attorney to file a motion seeking to find him in violation. Perhaps you should get more aggressive in the litigation.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics