I file a lawsuit, i list some defendants names on it, now i want to dissmiss without prejudice

Dublin, GA |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

or can i just dissmiss with prejudice only the names that i did,nt have serviced do i dissmiss the name s or should i dissmiss without prejudice and file it later with those persons names off

You would need to sit down with an attorney to discuss what your best course of action would be based upon what has happened to date and what your goals are.

I hope this information helps answer your question(s).

~ Kem Eyo

The above answer is a general explanation of legal rights and procedures. It does not constitute legal advice. Nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship between the individual posting the question and the attorney providing the answer.

In state or superior courts in GA, you can unilaterally dismiss less than all of the defendants without prejudice at just about anytime until judgment or verdict is entered. In federal court, you can unilaterally dismiss less than all defendants without prejudice if they've not already answered the complaint or appeared in the case. If they have already answered, you can only dismiss defendants by stipulation or with the court's approval.

This post is for marketing and informational purposes only. It is not intended to nor does it create an attorney-client relationship with the reader.