I FELL YESTERDAY AT THE GROCERY STORE AND THEY DIDNT WANT TO SEND ME TO THE DOCTOR SO I WENT ON MY OWN .WHAT CAN I DO NOW ?

Ontario, CA |

THE FLOOR IS ALWAYS WENT BECAUSE THE FREEZERS THERE ALWAYS LEAKING WATER. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO FOR THEM TO PAY FOR MY MEDICAL BILLS?

1. Gather your medical bills and mail copies to the grocery store's manager with a letter to turn them over to the store's liability insurer. Since the fall happened yesterday you may not know how badly you were hurt so you may want to wait until your doctor releases you from care. Once that happens you should first met with an experienced attorney in your area to see if you need a lawyer to handle your case. If you can't settle the claim without a lawsuit, you must file a lawsuit against the responsible parties before the second anniversary of your fall to portect your rights.

If you are a potential client, the information you disclose to us by email will be kept in strict confidence and will be protected to the full extent of the law. Please be advised, however, that the Law Offices of Frank M. Nunes, Inc. and its lawyers do not represent you until you have signed a retainer agreement with the firm. Until that time, you are responsible for any statutes of limitations or other deadlines for your case or potential case.

2. Retain a local attorney to help you file a claim against the grocery store. Otherwise contact the store manager and obtain their insurance information so you can make your own claim. If they deny your claim you will need to file a lawsuit if you want them to pay for your medical bills. In case this happens, it is almost always better if you had an attorney from the beginning that handled your claim...

(510) 343-6219. All responses are provided for informational purposes only. Readers should not act upon such material without consulting with an attorney. HEE J. KIM is only authorized to practice law in the State of California. Attorneys at MILLER WASHINGTON & KIM, LLP are only authorized to practice law in the States of California and New York, and South Africa. This information is only intended for the residents of the State of California. Nothing transmitted by HEE J. KIM or MILLER WASHINGTON & KIM, LLP, should be construed as legal advice or the formation of an attorney-client relationship. Contacting HEE J. KIM or MILLER WASHINGTON & KIM. LLP, either by email, telephone, facsimile, any form found on this site, or by any and all other means, does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any response by HEE J. KIM or MILLER WASHINGTON & KIM, LLP, or reliance thereon, does not form an attorney-client relationship. ONLY BY ENTERING INTO A WRITTEN ATTORNEY-CLIENT AGREEMENT, SIGNED BY THE ATTORNEY, IS SUCH A RELATIONSHIP FORMED.

3. You need to get an attorney who is experienced in slip and fall cases to assist you. You need to take pictures of the leaking freezer before they fix it. Make sure you go to reputable doctors to treat your injuries. The store is not required to send you to a doctor so you need to do it on your own.

Disclaimer- The information you obtain at our web-site or through postings on such sites as”AVVO.com are not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Any response given here is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.

4. You should retain an experienced slip and fall attorney right away. You need to send them a letter to give them notice of the incident as well as a written request to preserve all the evidence surrounding the incident, including surveillance footage capturing the fall, if any.

Meanwhile, if you are hurt, you should get yourself checked.

If you need help, contact our office, we may be able to help you. You don't need to come to our office, I can meet you somewhere closer to you.

5. You need to consult with an attorney ASAP. My firm handles slip and fall cases in Ontario and all over California. You may call us for a free consultation at 800-816-1529 x.1.

No attorney/client relationship is or shall be created by this response on Avvo to non-clients of The Law Offices of Norman Gregory Fernandez.

6. You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

7. Retain a personal injury lawyer in your country.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

8. Some unethical business owners try their darndest to avoid responsibility for their actions. Fortunately, California has plenty of lawyers to force them to do what they should do on their own. However, the way to force them is often to sue them in court, something that requires a lawyer to get the best results.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen&Molinaro;, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com
    "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker Fransen&Molinaro;, LLP 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206 Corona, CA 92879 (951)520-9684 www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." (Personal Injury and/or Medical Malpractice) ** This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

9. The grocery store can always deny liability. Why would they want to give away free money?? Bottom line is that you need an aggressive and experienced attorney to ensure all your interests are protected. If you have any further questions at all, feel free to call our office for a free consultation. 714-282-9000. Good luck!

10. You need to hire an experienced personal injury attorney ASAP.
    Good Luck
    Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com

www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

11. The others have told you what you need to know.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.