I fell on my friend's property. I broke my leg in two places and tore a bunch a ligaments. How much should I ask the home owner'

They have granted me liabilty, but I feel they will try to low ball me. This is a life long injury and I will never be able to play basketball the same again.

Aurora, CO -

Chad William Johnson

Chad William Johnson

Personal Injury Lawyer - Denver, CO

I'm sorry to hear about your fall and injuries. Even though the homeowner (or more likely their insurance company) admitted liability, you need to hire a personal injury attorney. You are correct, they will low ball you until you hire counsel. No counsel can give you an estimate in this forum, but if you meet with them and provide your medical bills and records, they can begin the process of estimating your damages for future medical expenses and potential disability issues.

Randy William Ferguson

Randy William Ferguson

Personal Injury Lawyer - Huntsville, AL

You really should talk to a local injury attorney about the case. Without knowing your current medicals, future medicals, wage loss and impairment rating, there is no way to evaluate the case.

Stefano Vincenzo D'Agostino

Stefano Vincenzo D'Agostino

Personal Injury Lawyer - Malden, MA

I am sorry to hear about your accident. I agree with my colleague - From the information you have provided, it is difficult to evaluate your claim for personal injuries and determine an appropriate amount for compensation. Only after reviewing your medical records (to determine the extent of your injuries/disability), medical bills /expenses incurred, and any future medical treatment / bills you may receive and/or incur, will an attorney be able to provide you with an appropriate answer. I strongly suggest contacting a personal injury attorney in your area to evaluate your claim for many reasons. Personal injury attorneys have experience valuing personal injury claim, knowledge of how other similar matters have settled, and are in a better position to obtain a greater settlement amount for you.