Skip to main content

I fell inside a casino on an incline. Injured both my ankles and have even on crutches for over 3 weeks. Can I sue?

Montgomery, AL |

No one came to see if I was OK , even though the fall occurred right outside the security room doors . I had to be carried out of the casino on my husbands back . There are no signs posted of an incline or uneven floor in this area . What should I do , or do I have a case ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 10


Why didn't you report this to security?

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


Make sure the incident was reported. Immediately contact an experienced personal injury attorney. The attorney can view the scene , looking at the incline and lighting,and request the security tape to view the fall. Other factors that will play into this involve your own contact. For example were you drinking or fooling around before the fall? If a lawsuit is filed the injury attorney will discover any prior falls at this location.

Jonathan N. Portner, Esquire, Portner & Shure, P.A. Maryland and Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys. This response is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This response should not be relied upon. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm


You should report and contact an attorney. Did you take any pictures? You might have a case, but should discuss all facts with an experienced slip and fall attorney.

Seth Carroll is licensed to practice in Virginia only. The preceding is for information only and should not be construed as legal advice. Always call a lawyer directly for advice.


Make sure that the accident is reported to the casino and retain an attorney. It will help if you an take photographs of the area that caused your fall including the slope of the walkway as well as the lighting and handrails if any.

Joseph Gerard Dell

Joseph Gerard Dell


Also try to get witness statements or their names addresses and phone numbers for your attorney.


Whether or not you have a case depends on detailed analysis of all facts and circumstances surrounding your accident. That's why the reccomendation to consult with an experienced attorney in your area. Slip and fall accidents do NOT represent the 'open and shut' case that many believe. Here's why: [Click Article at Blue Link Below]

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.


Consult an attorney ASAP and hopefully you reported the incident or at a minimum, if you didn't, got an employees or a witnesses name and contact information.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


Perhaps. Have a local personal injury lawyer investigate.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


Yes. We bring casino cases quite frequently. File a report and hire an attorney.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.


Must contact atty asap in tat area. The area needs to be examined to see if there is anything dangerous about it. Usually every part of a casino is under video surveillance, so your reporting this to the casino before seeing an atty (which you should do immediately) is not as important. (In my opinion). Id like the atty to have a chance to get out there tio see the area this happened, before the casino goes and does something to change its condition. That is why I suggest you hire an atty right away and ask the atty to get out there to the scene immediately, and then after that, have atty notify the casino and request the video.


See a doctor, see a lawyer, see the links.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer