I fell down the stairs, at a movie theater.. yesterday. I was knocked out( from the fall) and brought t a hospital.

New Brunswick, NJ |

I work at the theater, but not duity. I was watching a movie, as a guest. However; as an employee..I don't have to pay. So; My quesion is: weather it would be workman's comp

1. If you were not in a work capacity this should not be a w/c claim. Before you post anymore particulars contact a local and qualified w/c attorney. Feel better.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

2. Correct, that is a non w/c claim.

Herbert Tan, Esq.
    E-mail: Herbert@tanlaws.com
    Website: www.tanlaws.com

The National Newark Building
    744 Broad Street, 16th Fl.
    Newark, New Jersey 07102
    (973) 735-2681 (W)
    (973) 735-2682 (F)

Manhattan Office
    305 Broadway, 14th Floor
    New York, New York 10007
    (888) TAN-LAWS

Member of National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)

3. Typically, a worker's compensation claim involves injuries that take place during the course and scope of your employment. If you were not officially on duty but helping out in some work related manner, you may end up qualifying for coverage. If not, you would have to prove some kind of negligence or fault on the part of the employer or property manager. Contact a New Jersey injury attorney on follow up. Good luck.

4. It will not be workman's comp, because you were not working. You may have a claim for personal injury, depending on the reason you fell.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

5. Be careful about your job.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

6. If you are not in the course and scope of your employment than most likely it is not comp. what caused you to fall? Simply falling and sustaining an injury will not entitle you to anything. There must have been some defect of the premises that the owner knew or should have known about at a time sufficiently prior to your fall to protect against same. Speak to an attorney who specializes in fall down cases.

BENN LAW, LLC 1617 JFK BLVD, SUITE 1240 PHILADELPHIA, PA 19103 267-773-8446 ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP / LEGAL ADVICE / RESULTS DISCLAIMER: The injury, auto accident, car accident, negligence, or other legal information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice, nor the formation of a lawyer or attorney client relationship.