I fell down and hurt my self i got from insureds money and i have a Medical treatments my i use Medicaid for it is it legal

Suffern, NY |

i fell in a public with insurer-ens the money was not made out to the doc . may use for what i need not for medical expenses my i use it as compensation money

1. If you had an attorney representing you with regards to the fall, you should really discuss this with him/her. Medicaid would have a lien on any third party recovery. Assuming that was already addressed, there may be eligiblity issues going forward depending on the amount of your recovery. If you received money under medpay earmarked for specific medical bills and use the money for some other purpose, not only will you still owe the money but it may constitute a criminal conversion. Since your question is not clear, you should really consult with an attorney to discuss this further.

Disclaimer- The information you obtain at our web-site or through postings on such sites as this is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Any response given here is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response may change appropriately.

2. Get a lawyer if you don't have one and if you do have counsel, ask him or her.

This answer is not intended to be legal advice in a lawyer/client relationship. Misunderstanding of the answer or use of the answer for any illegal purpose is not the responsibility of the writer. The answer to any question in the Avvo website is constrained by the limited content of the question, an incomplete description of the facts underlying the question or a wrongful motivation for the question.