I fell behind of mortgage with Bank of America. How can I get them to respond back since they are ignoring my calls to them?

Asked over 1 year ago - Warren, PA

I fell behind and am just about caught up. I call and call and leave messages but no one calls me back. I am nervous that even though I am caught up they will try to take my house. I even emailed the president of the company.

1. Steven Navaro

2

1

Answered . Check your PA Attorney General's website. Bank of America was part of a class action settlement of $25 billion that was settled in APril. As part of the settlement, they have a hotline for borrowers to call who are in trouble with their mortgages, and are required to work out things with these borrowers. The deadline is January 13, 2013, so you need to file a claim before then.
    Here is the link: http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/press.aspx?id=6429