Skip to main content

I fell at Wal-mart, hurt my knee, shoulder & neck. Wal-mart has called me to process my claim. What should i do?

Statesboro, GA |

Slipped and fell at Wal-mart because of a liquid that had been spilled on the floor.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Wal-mart has a reputation of fighting claims very hard. You should talk to a lawyer who is experienced in handling fall cases.

  2. You need to hire an attorney as soon as possible to make sure that Walmart keeps any security videotapes showing your fall. Otherwise they will record over them. Walmart will do everything possible to avoid paying you for your injuries. Please do not hesitate to conact me if I can be of assistance. My number is 404 812 4300.

  3. Hire a personal injury lawyer. Don't represent yourself.

    My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

  4. Get an attorney. Do not talk to them without an attorney. They are not on your side.

    The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.

  5. You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing.

    Legal Disclaimer:

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

    Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics