I fell at Wal-mart, hurt my knee, shoulder & neck. Wal-mart has called me to process my claim. What should i do?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Statesboro, GA

Slipped and fell at Wal-mart because of a liquid that had been spilled on the floor.

1. Peter Jonathan Ross

4

Answered . You need to hire an attorney as soon as possible to make sure that Walmart keeps any security videotapes showing your fall. Otherwise they will record over them. Walmart will do everything possible to avoid paying you for your injuries. Please do not hesitate to conact me if I can be of assistance. My number is 404 812 4300.

2. Michael Lawson Neff

Pro

3

Answered . Wal-mart has a reputation of fighting claims very hard. You should talk to a lawyer who is experienced in handling fall cases.

3. John Gus Zgourides

3

Answered . Hire a personal injury lawyer. Don't represent yourself.

4. Randy William Ferguson

3

Answered . Get an attorney. Do not talk to them without an attorney. They are not on your side.

5. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

2

Answered . You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.