I fell at home depot and broke my wrist in 3 places. 3 personal injury attorneys basically said that I would get no money

Asked about 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

a customer had piled 5 plastic pipes on the floor in the area approaching the self-checkout area, A home depot employee was supervising the area. I slipped on the pipes and fell backward on the cement floor and my right hand shot out to break the fall. Home depot never called 911, just asked me to make and sign a statement. I was screaming and crying in pain. They gave me a glass of water and called my daughter, who drove me to the emergency room. they said their insurance would call me the next day. the man who stacked the pipes left the store. the checkout supervisor wrote a statement but i was not given a copy of the statement, I am still in a cast. please help. thank you

thank you for the responses - very helpful. I talked to a claims adjuster at Home Depot in Atlanta. He reviewed the video of the accident and told me Home depot had no liability and that the accident was the fault of their customer who put the pipes on the floor. I asked him to summarize that finding in an email to me. I also asked for a copy of the video of the incident. He asked me if i had gotten an attorney, and that if i had, he could send the video to the lawyer but he had to ask his supervisors if he was allowed to send the video to me. He said that since they weren't liable for the injury, that i had no way to recover the $600.00 in wages lost so far. I told him to include the rejection of lost wages in the summary email.

1. Matthew C Simon

Pro

6

1

Answered . More info is needed to know why 3 attorneys did not want to take your case. I suggest you continue to look as you have serious injuries and potentially a negligence claim based on the limited information provided. Use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" tool above, or ask me for a referral if you are interested. Good luck.

2. Christopher John Gansen

Pro

4

1

Answered . See my response on your other posting. To me this sounds like a case worth investigating at a minimum. Don't give up!

3. Michael R Crosner

4

1

Answered . Contact other personal injury attorneys - you have a serious injury.

4. David Ian Schoen

Pro

5

1

Answered . This has the potential to be a good claim, but you need to immediately request in a certified letter RRR that they preserve any video that was taken at or near the time of the occurrence. If it shows that the employee saw the customer put the pipes at that location and that it created a danger, they had an obligation to do or say something in a timely manner that would have corrected the condition. It is hard to believe that given your injury that no experienced attorneys would even investigate.

5. Robert Bruce Kopelson

2

Answered . I can rfer you to a San Jose area atty that might be willing to take the case.

Robert 408-293-4000

Pro

3

1

Answered . Call a few more lawyers until one picks up the ball