I fell at Ameristar casino due to my shoe or my pant leg got caught in the esculater i need to know if i can anything about this

Asked about 2 years ago - Omaha, NE

i fell off the esculater and landed on my right leg and frackered my right foot what can i do about this

Attorney answers (6)

  1. Ryan Patrick Sullivan

    Contributor Level 6


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with Robert and Daniel. The best first step is to contact a local attorney who can evaluate your case. We are based out of Lincoln, and have attorneys licensed in Nebraska and Iowa. Feel free to give me a call or send an email.

    Ryan P. Sullivan

  2. Brendan Michael Kelly


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Contact an attorney and file suit.

  3. Robert A. Stumpf

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Hopefully it happened recently, but in any event contact a personal injury attorney.

    This is AVVO, a place for users to obtain general legal information to general legal questions. I am glad to help... more
  4. Daniel Nelson Deasy

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should reach out to a personal injury attorney in the state where this occurred. It is difficult to tell if you have a viable claim or not but the attorney will be able to look at the applicable law and let you know!

    Good luck!

    In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship.... more
  5. Michael Brewer

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. The case needs to be evaluated to see if the casino and/or the escalator company has any liability. Feel free to contact me for a free consultation and case evaluation. My firm is based out of Omaha and I am licensed in Iowa.

  6. Howard Robert Roitman

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If the business owner knows or should have known of a dangerous condition on the premises that he or she knew was possible or "foreseeable" or could present a danger to patrons, then he or she is said to have a duty to exercise ordinary care in either:

    1. removing the hazard; or
    2 at the very least, warning of the hazard

    The patron has an absolute right to assume that the business premises are reasonably safe unless there are obvious conditions or indications to the contrary of that assumption.

    The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing... more

Related Topics

Personal injury

If you suffer a personal injury as the result of the actions or negligence of another, you may seek financial compensation for physical or emotional damages.

Personal injury lawsuits

Personal injury lawsuits allow an injured person to seek compensation for the injury, either by court decision or through a settlement.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,566 answers this week

3,050 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,566 answers this week

3,050 attorneys answering