I fell at a High School parking lot November 9, 2012. I was told this is a no fault insurance, so if I fell, they are not liable

Asked over 1 year ago - North Bend, WA

I was unloading things for a craft fair to the gym. I was parked in disabled spot & using the ramp.( I'm disabled) I had one more load to go and was going to use the stairs. I had a load in my arms and was going to go onto the walk way and my toe caught the edge of the sidewalk and I fell flat on my front. The side walk at that part, only starts to raise, similar to a hill starting out from a flat plain. There was no paint on the edge, it was at night, lights for the parking lot are in the middle of the lot and not directly overhead of the sidewalk. Visibility was poor that evening for the light to reach the sidewalk area. I emailed the school principal and district office. Their insurance agent contacted me and gave me a case # and said he had to investigate. I have called, no replies.

1. Crystal Grace Rutherford

Pro

14

Answered . The school may have coverage that pays up to a certain amount for medical bills for persons injured on the premises. As for the issue of fault, it is not particularly clear that school has fault. There has be a defect of some sort, or that it was not built to code. You should consult with a personal injury attorney that understands premises liability.

2. Albert Lee Crosner

10

Answered . I am not sure exactly what your question is as one has not been asked. I would suggest contacting a personal injury lawyer in your local area should you decide to go forward with the matter. There is usually a short period of time to file a complaint against a governmental entity that you should be aware of. Most personal injury attorneys will provide a free consultation. I am sorry about your injuries and hope you will get better soon. Good luck.

3. George Costas Andriotis

9

Answered . That is not the meaning of no-fault. Consult a personal injury attorney to evaluate your claim but you should be aware schools are government owned and thus subject to protection under sovereign immunity. This would limit your recovery and also add steps to follow before recovery but your attorney will know how to handle.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  4. S. David Rosenthal Esquire

Pro

9

Answered . I'm not sure they meant that "no fault insurance" applies, they probably meant that they felt that the school has no fault and therefore the liability insurance will not pay out on your claim. At this point you will need to speak to a good Washington personal injury lawyer to investigate the area, determine whether there is a dangerous condition, and advise you on how to proceed.

5. Robert Bruce Kopelson

7

Answered . Contact a local injury lawyer immediately. There are short time reqts for making claims against public entities like a school district.

Pro

7

Answered . The school most likely said they were not at fault, or had immunity from a school immunity statute. However, simply call a local personal injury lawyer to investigate.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com