Skip to main content

I feel my lawyer is compromised. how do i deal with this situation?

West Haven, CT |
Filed under: Professional ethics

interest of the opposing party is protected more than mine. they have prior relationship. we have a contract. i did not know of the relationship prior contract.

Attorney Answers 2


Your question is unclear. If, however, you feel your present retained counsel has a conflict of interest, or a personal interest in the result of your case, you should contact another attorney to discuss your case. You can also bring this up directly with your attorney and discuss the matter and what you feel is the conflict. This may assist you in your understanding of the situation and prevent an unnecessary change in counsel.

The above answer is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. I have provided this answer only based on the information presented in the question. The specific actions or answers to this issue require additional information. The above information and answering this question does not constitute an attorney-client privilege. I am not responsible for any issues, problems or losses from any reliance on this answer and information, and the consequences of such reliance.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


If you did not sign a waiver for the conflict then this is something you should discuss with your attorney. There is likely a lot more information than you could or should post here on Avvo. Talk with your attorney and go from there depending on what she says.

Best of luck

There is NO attorney-client privilege based on this interaction. I am NOT your attorney. Further, everything we both just wrote is publicly available on the internet and would be the same as if we were talking in a crowded restaurant. If you need legal assistance use Avvo to find a local attorney in your jurisdiction that you feel can best represent your interests as a zealous advocate. My experience is in corporate tax, white collar criminal defense, partnership tax, and tax controversy/litigation. If you're being audited by the IRS or state taxing authority, or you are taking an unusually risky tax position on a return, that is the kind of thing you should have experienced counsel on your side and we can set up an initial consultation. If you have a family law, debt collection, violent crime sort of issue then I do not handle that. Do not contact me for an initial consultation on non-tax matters.

Mark as helpful

Professional ethics topics

Recommended articles about Professional ethics

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics