I feel my lawyer is compromised. how do i deal with this situation?

Asked almost 2 years ago - West Haven, CT

interest of the opposing party is protected more than mine. they have prior relationship. we have a contract. i did not know of the relationship prior contract.

1. Peter C. Bowman

Pro

1

Answered . Your question is unclear. If, however, you feel your present retained counsel has a conflict of interest, or a personal interest in the result of your case, you should contact another attorney to discuss your case. You can also bring this up directly with your attorney and discuss the matter and what you feel is the conflict. This may assist you in your understanding of the situation and prevent an unnecessary change in counsel.

2. Daniel Lee O'Neil

Answered . If you did not sign a waiver for the conflict then this is something you should discuss with your attorney. There is likely a lot more information than you could or should post here on Avvo. Talk with your attorney and go from there depending on what she says.

Best of luck