Skip to main content

I feel at a speedway on broken pavement fell and broke my carpel bone in hand. Need advice before I sign papers at speedway

Springfield, OH |

I am a self employed cake decorator and it broke my right hand and I need to know how to go about asking for lost wages and how much to ak for

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Don't sign anything and don't ask for anything. These are not easy cases and you need to talk to a good premises liability lawyer( blue link below). Without representation from a lawyer you will get cheated. If you haven't recovered from the injury yet why are you even thinking about settlement?


As a self employed professional, you should appreciate the value of a specialist. Contact local and qualified counsel. Feel better and good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


You need consult a local lawyer. Do not sign anything until you can specific advice for your matter. This is not the place to post this kind of a question. The fact that the speedway wants to settle with probably means they have liability.

Good Luck
See an attorney as soon as possible for advice on your specific situation.

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the State of California and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.


While being reimbursed for lost wages is important, you need to consult with a premises liability attorney to make sure that you are being fairly compensated for all of your losses. This includes lost wages, medical treatment, and other potential losses that you may not have considered or evaluated properly. Don't sign anything until you have talked to a qualified attorney!

The Law Office of Matthew Hirschfelt provides answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. The responses given to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. Attorney Hirschfelt is available for private hire and consultation for a fee.


Retain a local personal injury lawyer who can send out an expert to document the defect in the pavement, and get you compensation

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer