I fall last mouth on the 27

Asked about 1 year ago - 11231

Went to the hospital call a lawyer going to a pain have very bad pain in back and right leg but the have not tell me if he take my case do I look for a new law why he taking so long to tell me if he go. To take the case I have MRI I go to a pain doctor for my back I am in very bad pain back and right leg i

Going to a pain doctor

1. Craig A. Post

10

Answered . The fact that you fell and sustained injury does not, by itself, determine whether or not you have a case. The lawyer may be investigating to figure out who, if anyone, may be liable for your fall. Also, since this occurred such a short time ago, your injuries may not have fully developed. You are always free to change lawyers but a month is not a long time for a lawyer to do a proper investigation. Contact him or her and then, if you're not satisfied, consider asking someone else to take a look at the case.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

8

Answered . You are free to change lawyers. Whether you have a case depends on why you fell and what your injury is.

3. Dean P Murray

8

Answered . You have not provided sufficient information. However, it sounds as though you may need a second opinion. Schedule a consultation with another lawyer.

------------------------------
    The Murray Law Firm
    50 Harrison Street, Suite 310F
    Hoboken, NJ 07030-6151
    T: (201)875-2600
    W: http://www.MurrayLawNJ.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MurrayLawNJ (Follow by clicking the "Like" button")
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/MurrayLawNJ

4. Steven Miller

8

Answered . Without the facts of your situation i cannot tell you more that to call your attorney and find out the status of your case. If your attorney does not satisfactorily answer your questions, you are free to call any other attorney you choose.

5. David Ian Schoen

Pro

7

Answered . You do not give any facts about your fall, so it is difficult to tell if you have a viable claim. If you have consulted with an attorney, but they haven't decided whether to take your case yet, you should schedule a meeting with them so that they can explain the process that they are going through and why it is taking time to decide. If you are not satisfied with the response you are always free to seek the opinion and services of another attorney.

6. Brian C. Pascale

Pro

6

Answered . In order to have a successful personal injury claim you need two things: (1) Liability (someone's action or inaction caused you to get hurt) and (2) Damages (an injury of some kind). As my colleagues have stated, you do not provide enough facts about how the accident occurred to determine whether you have a viable claim. Tell us this accident happened. What were the results of the MRI?

You also mentioned that you called a lawyer. Did you retain them (sign papers)? If not, you may want to seek out a new attorney to represent you if you feel that your concerns are not being met. Before you do that though, ask the attorney whether he is taking your case.

7. Abraham Jaros

5

Answered . a lawyer should not just leave you without an answer
    you should contact another lawyer
    why is it that you fell?
    do you know who you need to sue?

Pro

6

Answered . Get a new lawyer then

9. Matthew C Simon

Pro

3

Answered . Seek an experienced personal injury attorney ASAP. Many attorneys, such as myself, offer free 30 minute consultations. If you have a lawyer, discuss your questions and concerns with him or her.

10. Michael Wayne Goldstein

2

Answered . Your lawyer should let you know the results of his/her investigation, & whether you have a good case.
    Many NY accident lawyers, including me, will discuss the case with you, either in person or by telephone at no charge. Of course,we need to know the facts of the accident, and tp see the MRI & other medical records.

11. Mitchell Jan Birzon

Pro

1

Answered . Your question provides no information regarding how you injured your back. To bring a claim you must show that somebody was negligent or careless in rendering a duty of care,that you were injured,and that the substandard care was the cause of your injury. If you signed a retainer, send the attorney an email or letter if you cannot meet with him/ her to discuss whether you are a client. If you did not sign a retainer then you are free to interview other attorneys. Best of luck to you.

One or more answers have been taken down.