Skip to main content

I failed to pay my federal restitution can I go back to prison? I am $3000.00 behind in my payments this is about 9 months.

Norman, OK |

I failed to meet my obligations as appoined by the court to pay my federal restitution due to loss of a job and possible forclosure on my home. I chose to pay other bills and was told today by the US attorneys office that I had to appear in court on April 15 for an assett hearing. I have nothing it is all in my husbands name and I cannot get a decent job due to the fact that I am a convicted felon. I did not realize that I was committing a crime by not paying this restitution. I served 4 months in federal prison 8 years ago and am scared to go back. The term used was willful non-payment of a debt. It was feed my famly or the bill and I chose my children. The Attorneys office stated I

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The court will make a determination as to whether or not you have the ability to pay. If you do not it would surprise me if you were sent back to prison.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer