I failed to make a the ordered payment for a USE AND OCCUPANCY. Can the landlord file a motion to say am in contempt of court?

Asked over 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

And ask for judgement and possession? Does he have a case and can this judgement be possibly entered?

1. Michael Emmet Forkan

1

Answered . If the court awarded use and occupation to the landlord and you failed to pay per the court’s order, then the landlord may seek sanctions, one of which is the entry of a judgment in favor of the landlord for possession, without a trial.

2. Gini S. Marziani

1

Answered . Dear Tenant: If you violated a court order because you did not have the money, the court cannot sanction you. If you violated the court order for other reasons, the court can sanction you. However, there is a case which holds that the sanction cannot be entry of judgment for possession.

Hope this helps. Good luck

3. Rostyslav Saciuk

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.