I failed a drug test at work they say it was tampered with what can i do to keep my job?

Harrisonburg, VA |

i want a retest done but they said they would test the same pee that dont make no sense

Tampered with by whom? If they are saying you tampered with the sample or the testing, that's not helpful.
Yes, a retest is done of the same sample, usually by a different place. But not always.
They do not normally do a complete retest because the presence of any drug dissipates over time - usually within up 72 hours, unless it is something like marijuana. So a negative test today doesn't rebut a prior positive test.
In my criminal cases I will suggest a hair test. However, the hair test is not considered dispositive. That is because a hair test is able to identify a one time use, but a negative doesn't indicate no use. A negative hair test's value is that it shows the absence of long term or multiple uses over time if it is negative.;; 703-298-9562, 800-401-1583. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Employment