I entered USA legally but overstayed for almost 2 years. Im getting married now. How can I get a marriage licence?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Sevierville, TN

Im afraid that courthouse clerk gonna need my documents, but all Iv got is SSN. Im really in love with my bf and we afraid that goverment can denay our marriage and sent me back home for illeagal overstaying. Please help

1. Mark Robert Barr

1

Answered . Check with the clerk about what documents you will need. People who are here unalwfully get married every day, and going through that process should not lead to the initiation of removal proceedings.

Whether you will be able to remain in the country will not depend on the court clerk, but on the decisions and actions of USCIS and/or ICE.

2. Ardian Gjoka

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Barr.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . The issuance of a marriage license should not depend on immigration status.