I entered the u . s in December 2012 on an 1 visa , i could not attend the school due to financial problems my school informed

Asked about 1 year ago - Newark, NJ

Me that I am out of status, I want to travel to Texas to get admitted into another school can I travel by air without been held back because of my status?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

Pro

3

Answered . You committed immigration fraud and can be detained by ICE whenever they get a hold of you. Students who misrepresent their intention to attend college on F1 are priority for removal.

2. Yolanda Navarrete

Pro

Answered . You run a risk by traveling. You should consult with an Immigration attorney to review the specific facts of your case.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Visas in the US always begin with a letter, and never with a number.

If you are out of status, any travel carries risks.