Skip to main content

I entered into a standard Installment land contract purchase agreement with a holding company and have changed my mind.

Pittsburgh, PA |

I, as the seller, no longer want to sell my house, how can I get out of the agreement?

Attorney Answers 2


Read the terms of the contract. If you still have doubt and do not know what to do, you need to show the contract to an attorney for review.

Attorney Advertising. The information given above is intended to provide general information only and not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


The installment contract likely has terms regarding termination and any consequences from terminating the agreement. I would be very surprised if the holding company did not have the assistance of an attorney when entering into the contract and will most likely utilize an attorney to terminate the contract. You will be best served by discussing your concerns and options with an attorney.

This response is of a general nature and for information purposes only. You should not rely upon this response without first contacting a qualified attorney who will be able to examine your specific situation. No attorney-client relationship is developed through this exchange. If you would like additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 717-233-1000. You can review my firm more at

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics