I entered into a standard Installment land contract purchase agreement with a holding company and have changed my mind.

Pittsburgh, PA |

I, as the seller, no longer want to sell my house, how can I get out of the agreement?

1. Read the terms of the contract. If you still have doubt and do not know what to do, you need to show the contract to an attorney for review.

Attorney Advertising. The information given above is intended to provide general information only and not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. The installment contract likely has terms regarding termination and any consequences from terminating the agreement. I would be very surprised if the holding company did not have the assistance of an attorney when entering into the contract and will most likely utilize an attorney to terminate the contract. You will be best served by discussing your concerns and options with an attorney.

This response is of a general nature and for information purposes only. You should not rely upon this response without first contacting a qualified attorney who will be able to examine your specific situation. No attorney-client relationship is developed through this exchange. If you would like additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 717-233-1000. You can review my firm more at www.skarlatoszonarich.com.