I enter in usa on a visiting visa and applied for the permitent residence

Asked over 1 year ago - Minneapolis, MN

My husband is american born and daughter is american citizen i applied the perminent residence but got denied because of the less income i donnt do any job i have not done any crime just a stay at home mom.its been 4 years i m here now embassy gave me 5 years visiting visa.what can i do now to become legall

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

12

10

Answered . If you are in the US, you need to see an attorney. If your previous application was denied due to insufficient funds to sponsor you , your husband has to find a joint sponsor.

2. Mark Robert Barr

7

Answered . Apply for residency again, based on your husband's approved I-130, and if your household income is not sufficient, find a willing co-sponsor who can file an affidavit of support.

3. William R. Borene

5

Answered . I agree with Ms. Shautsova - it is best to have an attorney look over your case.

4. Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Pro

5

Answered . You can seek to adjust your status here in the US. Your husband or your daughter, if she is at least 21 years old, should petition you. If your husband's (or daughter's) income is not enough, you need to find someone to be a joint sponsor.

You should seriously consider hiring an immigration attorney to do the work for you.

5. Rochelle Inger

5

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Your income is not important here. Your husband who was your petitioner was also your sponsor and his income counts not yours. If he does not have enough income you can use another person's income together with your husband. Since you already have an approved I-130 now is time to file a new I-485 with the correct documents and sponsors.

6. Dean P Murray

3

Answered . There are certain types of questions that can be simply answered on Avvo, while there are others that require considerably more analysis. For this particular question, you need to provide additional details concerning the specifics of your situation.You owe it to yourself to contact a lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700