I enter illegally when I was 15, left to Guatemala ab out a year later to see my sick mom; I returned to USA on 2004 and

Asked 5 months ago - Stamford, CT

I was apprehended by ICE and processed in CT-Hartford court, I was 17 years old, and my uncle send a change of address to Ins and INS never send letters, so my uncle said that the case was finished perhaps. I was arrested driving-no license-working, and sent to INS who now says that I have an order of deportation related to 2004 year of arrest when crossing the border. Right now I am in ICE custody in. Greenfield, MA. Entered the USA for 2nd time February 2004-apprehended and let go, and NOW it is May 2014; Can I claim the 10 years that I am in this country? I am 27 years old from Guatemala and I have been paying taxes. I need more proves for DACA. My life and family life's were threat until today in Guatemala, I am so scare to go back! I can tolerate being in jail, Help please. Thanks

1. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

1

Answered . You may still qualify for DACA notwithstanding a deportation order. You need to consult with an attorney ASAP.

2. Lisa Scott

1

Answered . You may be eligible for Deferred Action, or other relief. It is hard to tell from what the facts you gave. Please consult with a lawyer.

3. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

Answered . Consult directly with an immigration attorney in your area. You may be eligible to apply for Deferred Action (DACA) even now.

4. Andres Yoav Mejer

Pro

Answered . The issuance of an notice to appear stops the clock for cancellation of removal. So unless that matter is reopened cancellation of removal is unlikely. It sounds like you meet DACA requirements, particularly if you graduated high school or a GED program and havent been convicted of anything that would disqualify you. To read more on DACA see here
    http://www.mlawonline.com/blog/president-obama-...

To see if you qualify for something else, go to www.qualifyforlegalstatus.com, answer the questions and get your free report. Either way good luck.