I enter illegally when I was 15, left to Guatemala ab out a year later to see my sick mom; I returned to USA on 2004 and

Stamford, CT |

I was apprehended by ICE and processed in CT-Hartford court, I was 17 years old, and my uncle send a change of address to Ins and INS never send letters, so my uncle said that the case was finished perhaps. I was arrested driving-no license-working, and sent to INS who now says that I have an order of deportation related to 2004 year of arrest when crossing the border. Right now I am in ICE custody in. Greenfield, MA. Entered the USA for 2nd time February 2004-apprehended and let go, and NOW it is May 2014; Can I claim the 10 years that I am in this country? I am 27 years old from Guatemala and I have been paying taxes. I need more proves for DACA. My life and family life's were threat until today in Guatemala, I am so scare to go back! I can tolerate being in jail, Help please. Thanks

1. You may still qualify for DACA notwithstanding a deportation order. You need to consult with an attorney ASAP.

Please note that this posting does not constitute legal advice or create any attorney-client relationship with the inquirer. Avvo is a useful forum to obtain general information on legal issues, but is not a substitute for direct, confidential consultation with an attorney in any legal matter.

2. You may be eligible for Deferred Action, or other relief. It is hard to tell from what the facts you gave. Please consult with a lawyer.

I am providing this general advice based on the information given and my understanding of that information. This is general advice . This advice is not intended to give a legal opinion. This advice is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. I strongly advise you and your husband to contact a lawyer about the specific facts of your situation.

3. Consult directly with an immigration attorney in your area. You may be eligible to apply for Deferred Action (DACA) even now.

Gunda J. Brost Brost Law Office This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

4. The issuance of an notice to appear stops the clock for cancellation of removal. So unless that matter is reopened cancellation of removal is unlikely. It sounds like you meet DACA requirements, particularly if you graduated high school or a GED program and havent been convicted of anything that would disqualify you. To read more on DACA see here
    http://www.mlawonline.com/blog/president-obama-s-deferred-action-for-dreamers.cfm

To see if you qualify for something else, go to www.qualifyforlegalstatus.com, answer the questions and get your free report. Either way good luck.