I employer is apealing my unemployment that I am already recieving will i be required to pay back the money if I loose

Jacksonville, FL |

if i dont show is that ok now that I have a job i no longer care about the matter at hand

Also they are requesting my tax returns am I required by law to provide them this information

Yes. If you have received benefits and are later determined to not be entitled to those benefits, you will be required to repay those benefits. You should consult with an attorney that handles unemployment because the hearing stage is very important and it becomes increasingly difficult to overcome the decision of the appeals referee at each level of appeal.

These comments are not intended to be legal advice. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Do I have to provide my tax returns if requested by there lawyer

Mark Andrew Touby

Mark Andrew Touby

If you don't show for the hearing, the decision will likely be adverse to you. I have not heard of the agency asking for tax returns before. I am not sure why the agency would want them, did they tell you why?

My old employers lawyer is asking for them since I was 1099 under florida rule 1.280 is there a rule I can use to withhold them as a privelage also do I use the same rule to request documents from them

Mark Andrew Touby

Mark Andrew Touby

At this point, I would suggest you retain an attorney. I don't know enough about the details of your situation to advise you, but if you would like to contact my office and provide me all the information, I would be happy to review it and let you what I think.