I dont know what to do now.

Jacksonville, FL |
Filed under: Divorce

I have filed a divorce somewhere back in NOV 2010. My lawyer has gotten me as far as mediation since that was settled around the month april 2012. My soon to be divorced wife has broken rules in the mediation but my lawyer claims that she cant do anything because it hasnt been signed by the judge. months has passed and im sick of waiting and now she wants me to go back to mediation. i dont know what to do now. I want this divorce done i dont understand why its taking so long we already have a final judgement. i was thinking about getting her to withdraw but i dont know how to do that or even know if that is the wise thing to do. im really sick of this. can you please help me?

As you are represented, you need to communicate with your current attorney who you have invested time and money. Ask your attorney to set the case for a final hearing and have the mediated agreement entered by the court.

Thanks alot everyone. my lawyer is the reason why my FJ hasnt been signed. And now she wants to modify the fj. Im thinking shes knows it isn't getting anywhere so shell keep investing time out of me so I can continuely pay for it. I guess what my question should of been was how can I get another lawyer?

If you already have a final judgment, it's over and you don't have to go to mediation again. Talk with your attorney, has the fj been signed by the judge or not.