I don't think I am going to receive a fair settlement amount from my personal injury claim

Las Vegas, NV |

Injured on a ride with 2 witnesses. Made management aware of what happened and I filed an incident report immediately. I was given a copy. I went to the emergency room that next morning in hopes my pain would've subsided, it didn't. I then retained a lawyer at one of the biggest firms in the state. We went thru almost 2 yrs of doctor visits etc. They send out a demand for 90,000+. The insurance company of the property responds with basically a heck no, this never happened. we'll give $5k. This leaves me with nothing. Attorney is not pushing for arbitration but i'm the one still suffering.

Again if your not happy then switch attorneys but sometimes cases are not as good as one may expect.

The law is cold -- a case is worth what it is worth, not what you want it to be worth. That's just a hard fact of life.

You're always entitled to get multiple opinions. That being said, I would have a sit down with your attorneys to determine the risk and reward with moving forward, etc. Liability and damages play a huge role in these cases....

I don't believe attorneys who are not familiar with all the facts of your case & all your injuries should second your own attorney. Have a face to face meeting with your attorney & ask for the game plan & status of litigation. Good luck

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

You have received what is called a "lowball". Make an appointment to sit down with your attorney to review status and an action plan. Only your own attorney with your complete file knows the actual facts and circumstances. Give your attorney an opportunity to explain the next step. See paragraph 5 in the link below on "lowballs". [Blue-Link-Below]

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.

Get a good lawyer

You are going to have to file suit if you haven't already. Not the Nevada statute of limitations in these kinds of cases is only 2 years. If your case is worth a high five-figure sum, then your case is exempt from arbitration. Nevada's mandatory arbitration program caps cases at $50,000 and so that is not where you want to be. It sounds like you need to have meeting with your attorney and discuss the value of your case and what your attorney's strategy is.

J. Scott Dilbeck

J. Scott Dilbeck

Sorry, I mean "Note" rather than "Not"

You need to find a lawyer you can work with and who will prusue your calim to your satisfaction.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Recommended articles about Personal injury