I don't know what to do.... Ok my bf was released today from la county jail . He did his time there but here's the thing....

Asked about 2 years ago - Anaheim, CA

When he was arrested in la county he had court the next day but couldn't go cause he was in jail. When he completed la county's sentence there was a warrant hold in oc so they released him to oc. there's a 300,000 bond now. He has to go to court in 2 days. Btw i forgot to mention. Hes out on crime bail crime bail but hes not on probation or prarole. His oringal bail amount we got him out on was 250,000. From what I heard its at 300,000 now because of that warrant. Once he goes to court and explain why failed to appear they will drop his warrant so his bail would go back to 250,000 am I correct? Here's the question will I be bail to have to option of still posting his bond for him after he goes to court. Or will he Be sentenced and i can't get him out still? Help me please!!!!!

1. Jose Carmelo Masso IV

1

1

Answered . The judge has the discretion to determine the amount of bail. There is not necessarily an automatic bail amount. Similarly, the court may deny bail if it feels it is warranted. In your boyfriend's case, if the court determines that he may be released on bail, you or a bond company will be permitted to post his bail. Finally, sentencing is separate from the bail issue. Your boyfriend won't be sentenced unless he is convicted after a trial or pursuant to a plea, which is several stages later in the criminal process and well after the bail hearing.

2. Curtis Lamar Harrington Jr

1

1

Answered . Bail and excuse is up to the judge. Judge may as why didn't he or his OC lawyer make an effort to report his circumstances to the court?

3. Joseph Briscoe Dane

Pro

Answered . Please see my answer to your other question. Yes, you can bail him out unless there is a no bail hold, an immigration hold or a 1275.1 hold.

Talk to his lawyer (I assume a public defender at this point) or hire a lawyer for him.