I don't know how to respond to notice of intent to deny visa petition!

Asked about 3 years ago - Grapevine, TX

My wife and I got a green card interview on April 19, 2011. We just got a letter which is notice of intent to deny visa petition. Officer indicated that there are 9 discrepancies in the letter. Some of them just misunderstanding. I don't wanna take any risk when I respond to it. I guess that I need professional help. Is there anyone who can help me about that?

Thanks

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

8

Answered . I think that the following links may be of assistance to you.

2. Edward D Young III

Answered . I need more information to answer this question. What were the 9 discrepancies? Did they question the legitimacy of your marriage? Or, are they asking for more information in a particular area?

What were the areas of misunderstanding?

Discrepancies may occur in green card interviews for all sorts of reasons . If any of them involve the validity of your marriage, you should definitely hire a lawyer. You will need to assemble proof that your marriage is bona fide whether you file a Response to the Notice of Intent to Deny, or a new petition. Such evidence consists of affidavits from people that know you as a couple, jointly held property such as bank accounts, real estate, a lease, etc., and other things. I strongly urge you to retain the services of a professional; immigration lawyer to help you in either event.

If your petition is denied, you may refile another but, if the reason for the denial is that they did not believe that your marriage was legitimate, you will face additional hurdles.

I hope this helps, God bless you.

3. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Answered . It will be in your best interest to take the letter to a lawyer to assist you.

You are welcome to use the link provided below.

Goodluck.