I don't have my License yet, i received a MIP, help?

Anaheim, CA |

Officer found 2 bottles of alcohol in my buddies car, pretty much proven guilty right there right?? but heres the thing i don't have my drivers license yet can they do anything to stop me from getting it my court date is on wed. the 27th but I'm going tomorrow. and is there any way i can pay off the ticket in payments???? :O please help :(

1. Get an attorney ijbyour area before you do anything. Even if you don't have
    a license you sol he delayed recieving one by a year if you have a mip
    conviction. You have a defense as you did not posess the alcohol. Do not do
    anything until you see an attorney
    >

2. Yes I agree the DMV can place a delay on your privilege to drive even if you do not have a license. An attorney can help you figure out if you have a search and seizure issue as well as getting a restricted license if it comes down to that.

www.losangelesdefenders.com

3. Two things wrong with your statement. First, it assumes you were in possession. While it can be argued you were, it can also be argued you were not. Second, it assumes that the police had a LAWFUL reason to stop the car. Just because the police stop a car, doesnt mean it was a valid stop. If the stop was invalid, a motion to suppress could be your saving grace. The only way to know would be to speak with a lawyer and review the report together. Don't assume you are guilty if you havent reviewed your how your constitutional rights are affected by this.

Any information provided through Avvo.com in response to a question is not, and cannot be considered a formation of any Attorney-Client relationship. Questioner understands that the nature of this system allows only for a cursory review of case information, and more detailed information should not be divulged in this public forum. As such, Questioner is recommended to contact an Attorney in order to discuss the full details of their case and a more specific advisement of potential rights and liabilities.

Traffic tickets topics