Skip to main content

I do not have the place and date for the spouse becoming US citizen. What should i fill in n-400 form. I am married & separated

Austin, TX |

I am filing the US citizenship based on 5 years green card. I am married and separated and my wife is US citizen. She is not US citizen by birth. Now in the n-400 form, i do not have the data and place where my wife became US citizen.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Ask your spouse.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Simply put "Unknown" or "cannot be determined at this time". This will not negatively affect your application in any way shape or form.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


I agree. You should talk to your spouse. It is the easiest way.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Enter all the info you know. Where you do not, put in 'Unknown' as my colleague suggests.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.


State "don't know."


I agree with the other answers, putting down unknown should not affect the outcome especially as you are applying for citizenship after 5 years residency.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer