I do not have a question, but I am seeking legal representation from an Oklahoma, OK firm.

Asked over 2 years ago - New York, NY

The ineffective assistance of counsel in a litigation case of which I was the legally documented PR of my grandmother turned out negative. The damage was a loss of a multi-million dollar lawsuit for a family of seven surviving children. My grandmother did not receive proper representation during life or death. The law firm who took her case did not properly investigate and during settlement caused the litigants to categorize her as a participant and not a claimant. The attorney-client contract strictly indicated that her case was an individual. The reason was because of the occurrence of a death. The point system used was biased and unjust. I found release papers stating that my grandmother suffered a DVT after a stroke. She died in 2010 from Congestive Heart Failure.

These are symptoms that were caused from the long-term use of a pharmaceutical drug. We were seldom informed and often pressed to collect information for the firm. However, the firm never traveled to NYC to meet with the family or loved ones. It appears that we were overcharged for labor and legwork that I did in NYC. Is this legal?

I am contacting your firm because my grandmother was not properly represented, the attorney's harassed and pressured me to sign for the settlement, failed to adequately obtain medical documentation that was necessary for the point system, and falsified information to use the graveness of her condition and later death to capitalize on a $28,000,000.00+ settlement. We are seeking help please. Thank you.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . If the legal representation was in OK I suggest you re-post this on the OK Avvo page.