I do have power of attorney and my husband is in a care home for Alzheimer, Do I sign my name with a POA after the name?

Asked over 1 year ago - Federal Way, WA

My husband has Alzheimer and doesn't know that I am his wife and have been married for
26 years. He will not know that he has to sign the federal tax return. Do I put POA after signing my name?

1. Spencer A'Lee Wildig Stromberg

3

1

Answered . I'm sorry to hear of your husband's Alzheimer's troubles. I am glad for both your sakes that you have a power of attorney in place, though. That was good planning.

It is common for people to sign and put "POA" after their signature, but that is not really the correct way to do it. The best practice is to sign your own signature followed by "attorney-in-fact for (insert husband's name)".

2. Evan A Nielsen

Answered . Just sign his name, then insert "Atorney-in-Fact" or "AIF" followed by your name.