I divorced my spouse in 2012 can I still file charges on him for, sexual, physical and emotional abuse?

Houston, TX |

Married for 9 years and he is military and is now stationed overseas.

1. The emotional abuse is the least likely, as it is often difficult to prove or establish to an acceptable level in the eyes of the law. Your divorce date does not really matter, though it becomes harder as time progresses. You may want to speak with an attorney in your local area Monday and see what the law in TX says about such matters. It is not impossible to sexually abuse a spouse or physically abuse a spouse but you must have evidence to prove it. Best of luck to you.

This answer is provided as a general opinion to a question posted on an internet forum. This does not create in either party the expectation that an attorney-client relationship has been entered into between the original poster and the Law Office of Reid Seino, LLC. Any information provided should not be solely taken as legal advice but in the context of general information. Please seek legal representation for any specific legal questions.

2. Call the district attorney and see what they say.

3. Call the police and see how they report it.