I divorced and my ex has signed Quit Claim Deed to me. I'm considering to pay off the house, how do I verify the title is clean?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lawrenceville, GA

We did buy owner title policy at closing, but how do I know if there's any lien attached to the house during the time period from house closing till our divorce? Can any of my ex's creditors put liens unto house in that specific period?

1. David Michael Lawler

6

Answered . Pay an attorney or title examiner to perform a title exam. This is quick, and should cost $100 - $150. I can do this for you tomorrow. Call me with questions in the morning.

I have done or overseen thousands of title exams. I can help.

2. Brandy Ann Peeples

Pro

2

Answered . Hire someone to perform a title examination.

3. Michael T Millar

Pro

1

Answered . Contact a local title company and have them prepare an abstract of title with judgment and lien searches.