I divorced 02/05/2013, no attorney, she was awarded alimony of $800.00 a month. She works and has always worked.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lakeland, FL

This $ 800 . 00 a month is going to ruin me , my bills total are what I make . She works , she left me for another man , living with him , but she gets my money . She showed a 2 from last year and she hardly worked because she got fired and was collecting unemployment . How do I appeal this decision ?

1. Michael Charles McGinn

Pro

Answered . I do not know your financial situation but unfortunately those are some of the perils of trying to represent yourself. You need to contact an attorney that handles family law appeals ASAP. You have a limited amount of time to file an appeal. You should be aware the Court has broad discretion on whether or not to award alimony and how much alimony is awarded. I wish you the best of luck.

2. Sandy Todd Fox

Pro

Answered . You should immediately consult with an appellate attorney in order to determine if a motion for rehearing should and can be filed and to guide you through this process. In the lower tribunal, you will need to file an original and one copy of a notice of appeal, attach a copy of the final judgment of dissolution of marriage and provide the necessary fees for the clerk of court in the lower tribunal and clerk of court in the appellate court. The filing of a notice of appeal is jurisdictional and must be filed within 30 days of the entry of the final judgment of dissolution of marriage or you may be precluded from appealing the decision.