I didn't know NH Medicaid didn't cover dental service for adults now my teeth all have to be pulled. Can I sue medicaid?

Asked 5 months ago - Fremont, NH

I moved to NH 13 years ago with perfect teeth and now they all have to be pulled because I have been unable to go to a dentist because I can't afford it.

I didn't wait 13 years to look into dental. I have tried for 13 years to find a place I can get my teeth worked on to no avail. Now their bad....

1. Jeffrey A. Runge

Pro

7

Answered . No. There is no cause of action for you.

2. Lawrence A Friedman

3

Answered . I don't see why you think Medicaid is responsible for your rotten teeth especially since you apparently waited 13 years to look into your dental issues. Medicaid is not required to cover dental care. Coverage information is available from Medicaid on request.

3. Drew Norman Early

3

Answered . You cannot sue Medicaid because you didn't take care of your teeth. That's your responsibility, not Medicaid's.

4. Vance Tate Davis

Answered . I agree that there doesn't appear to be a cause of action here and I will just add that suing Medicaid is a lot harder and much more expensive than most people think. I would encourage you to use your energy to see if you can locate a free or low cost/sliding fee scale clinic that might be able to help