I didn't know NH Medicaid didn't cover dental service for adults now my teeth all have to be pulled. Can I sue medicaid?

Fremont, NH |

I moved to NH 13 years ago with perfect teeth and now they all have to be pulled because I have been unable to go to a dentist because I can't afford it.

I didn't wait 13 years to look into dental. I have tried for 13 years to find a place I can get my teeth worked on to no avail. Now their bad....

No. There is no cause of action for you.

The information contained in any answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject material. No recipients of answers should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any posting without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue with an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this Web site and/or any answers provided contains information that may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. FAMILYLEGAL, and Attorney Runge, expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this site. Any information sent via the Internet, this website, or e-mail is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis. The transmission of information on this website, in part or in whole, and/or communication with FAMILYLEGAL, and/or Attorney Runge, via e-mail through this site does not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship between FAMILYLEGAL and any recipients. The formation of an attorney-client relationship requires a consideration of multiple factors including possible conflicts of interest. Please do not convey to us any information you regard as confidential until a formal attorney-client relationship has been established. The Firm does not necessarily endorse, and is not responsible for, any third-party that may be accessed through this Web site. Permission is given for the downloading and temporary storage of one or more of these pages for the purposes of viewing on a personal computer. The contents of this site are protected by copyright and, apart from the permission stated, the reproduction, permanent storage, or retransmission of the contents of this site is prohibited without the prior written consent of FAMILYLEGAL. ATTORNEY ADVERTISING NOTICE FAMILYLEGAL is a national Law Firm. Jeffrey A. Runge is the President & CEO and is licensed to practice law in the states of New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Prior Results do not guarantee a similar outcome. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for Bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. FAMILYLEGAL is a registered trademark of Family Legal Service, P.C., a New Hampshire professional Corporation.

I don't see why you think Medicaid is responsible for your rotten teeth especially since you apparently waited 13 years to look into your dental issues. Medicaid is not required to cover dental care. Coverage information is available from Medicaid on request.

Lawrence Friedman, Bridgewater, NJ. Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the ABA approved National Elder Law Foundation, former Chair NJ State Bar Association Elder and Disabilities Law Section, Member Board of Consultors of NJSBA Real Property, Trusts & Estates Law Section, Vice Chair Special Needs Law Section of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, and Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation from N.Y.U. School of Law. Visit SpecialNeedsNJ.com for articles and Q&A on elder law, special needs, wills, trusts, estates, and tax. Visit SpecialNeedsNJ.com/blog and subscribe for free timely updates to be delivered to your inbox. Information on both Avvo and SpecialNeedsNJ.com does not constitute legal advice, as it is general in nature and may not apply to your situation or be subject to important changes. No attorney client relationship exists unless set forth in written engagement terms.

You cannot sue Medicaid because you didn't take care of your teeth. That's your responsibility, not Medicaid's.

I did everything I'm suppose to do and they still went bad.

I agree that there doesn't appear to be a cause of action here and I will just add that suing Medicaid is a lot harder and much more expensive than most people think. I would encourage you to use your energy to see if you can locate a free or low cost/sliding fee scale clinic that might be able to help

It is impossible to give specific answers to questions without meeting and fully discussing all of the potential issues that may not be addressed by your question. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information and are not legal advice. Only after a thorough personal consultation could specific legal advice be given. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. To enter such a relationship you and I would need to consult in person and form a mutually agreeable written contract of engagement. The answer(s) provided in this forum is intended to educate you and point to issues for you to raise in a consultation with a lawyer of your choosing who is appropriately competent in the field of law that your question concerns and who is duly licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where you live and/or where the events giving rise to your question occurred. You should not take any action that might affect your claim(s) without first seeking the professional opinion of a licensed attorney. There are often strict deadlines for filing suit, responding to a suit or making an appeal and you need to personally consult with an attorney to make sure that you understand and meet those deadlines.