Skip to main content

I didn't go to court for an open container in jan. 2013 in New Port Beach because i was kicked out of my home

Newport Beach, CA |

I was kicked out of my home before i got a chance to get it taken care of and was homeless for 3 months and until recently i was able to get my belongings along with my ticket. I'm scared and im not sure of what to do next

Attorney Answers 1

  1. It's best to deal with it, and not avoid it. Go to the public defender's office, explain your situation, and they can speak with the DA/judge for you. This way you won't have a warrant, and you may get a better deal/fine reduction for making a good faith effort to address the problem.

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics