I did submit I-750 but now we are not live together and about to divorce? what i can do?

Asked about 1 year ago - Vincennes, IN

I was a F1 visa student and married to my wife about 3years. I had 2yrs GC and its expired now, also i filed a I-750 to re-new my 10 years GC. Its been about a year now. It been about a year, but 3months ago they sent us a letter and said will ask us to come for an interview when they have time n they will schedule. but i and my wife are having trouble now. we are not live together now due to work. we live in state of WA together, I moved to Indiana n work here. but when she stayed there in WA, she has a new boy friend. because of that, we are not happy to live together anymore. what should i do? should i divorce and still file a I750. or i need her???
is there any chance for me? i got a headache about this issue. i just want to live n work since she cheated on me. please give me some advi

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

Answered . Assuming you get divorce, you are eligible to apply for an I-751 waiver. You must demonstrate that your marriage was bona fide.

2. Janeita Lynn Lentz

2

Answered . Ideally, you and your wife should reconcile, and you should go through the interview process together. This is your best chance to get approval for the green card. There are ways to go through the green card renewal process if you are separated, but this is a much more difficult case to win. You need to consult an EXPERIENCED immigration attorney in your area to discuss the specific details of your case, in order to have the best chance of success in renewing your green card.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . After you obtain a divorce, you will be able to file the I-751 with a waiver. You must, however, demonstrate that your marriage was entered into in good faith and not for the sole purpose of obtaining a green card.