I did not list my arrest on my job application. Now I have an interview. Should I confess or is it too late?

Asked 11 months ago - Fort Worth, TX

I was arrested for a theft in 1999. I applied for a job with AISD. The first application submission, I was forthcoming, but I thought since my conviction was deferred, I deleted it. The next day, I was called. I did a background check and realized that my conviction was not deferred. Should I say something in my interview or is it too late? I am a teacher with a M.Ed, married with children. I am not that stupid 19 year old anymore. Please help. My interview is Tuesday.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

Answered . You must reveal your conviction at your interview.

2. JaPaula C Kemp

3

Answered . If you can submit something prior to your interview that explains why you were confused, then this is probably a good way to handle this situation.

3. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

3

Answered . You'd want to refer this to an employment attorney, not immigration.