I did not know my license was suspended was pulled over for speeding if I pay my citation can I drive until I go to court?

Plains, PA |

My fine was 110.50 I paid that but there was another charge for a bench warrant for 43.00 if I pay the 43.00 can I get back my license before I go to court

1. If your license was suspended, you cannot drive while you're waiting on your court date. Even if everything is straightened out in court, you still have to check with Penn DOT to make sure your license is valid before you can drive again. If you're caught driving with your suspended license again, you will more than likely get another ticket.

The answers I provide are not considered legal advice. Short questions in this forum do not allow for full and competent legal advice. I advice you get an attorney in any case where you have contact with the legal system.

2. Find out what your license was suspended for. If you were suspended for failure to respond you may be able to get your license back by paying the additional fine, though a license is not normally suspended for the scenario you described so you should consult a lawyer and tell that person all of the facts. Under no circumstances are you permitted to drive until you have your license back in your hands, literally, from PennDOT.
    Steven F. Fairlie, Esq.
    Fairlie & Lippy, P.C.
    1501 Lower State Road, Suite 304
    North Wales, PA 19454
    voice: (215) 997-1000
    fax: (215) 997-1777
    steve@fairlielaw.net
    www.fairlielaw.net

3. You are facing a two step process. You must pay the fine for the citation, but also take the steps necessary to re-instate your license with motor vehicles before you can drive. A trip to the local motor vehicle office and a sit down with a case worker should give you all the information you need to straighten out your license situation.